8/16/2014

My Top 100 Bible Verses

The first 20:
  1. Rom 8:28, NIV: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
  2. Gen 50:20, NLT: "You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people."
  3. Ac 20:24, NIV: "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task...the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God" (Ac 20:24, NLT).
  4. Ac 20:27, ESV: "...for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God."
  5. Mt 6:33, NLT: "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
  6. Prov 3:5-6, NLT: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
  7. Ps 115:3, HCSB: "Our God is in heaven and does whatever He pleases."
  8. Ps 135:6, NIV: "The Lord does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths."
  9. Isa 48:11, HCSB: "I will act for My own sake, indeed, My own, for how can I be defiled? I will not give My glory to another."
  10. 1 Cor 10:31, NIV: "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
  11. Ps 1:2-3, HCSB: "Instead, his delight is in the Lord’s instruction, and he meditates on it day and night. He is like a tree planted beside streams of water that bears its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."
  12. Ps 119:97, NLT: "Oh, how I love your instructions! I think about them all day long."
  13. Ps 119:103, NLT: "How sweet your words taste to me; they are sweeter than honey (to my mouth)."
  14. Phil 3:14, NIV: "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
  15. Prov 28:1, NLT: "...the godly are as bold as lions."
  16. Ps 103:10: "...he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities."
  17. Jn 1:12-13, NIV: "Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God."
  18. Dt 6:4-5, NIV: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."
  19. Mt 22:37-39, NLT: Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
  20. Mk 12:29-31, NIV: “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

No comments:

Post a Comment