As Christians we understand the death of Jesus, that Jesus died for our sins. But often we may not understand or know how to apply the resurrection of Christ to our own lives. In his book, The Resurrection in Your life, Mike McKinley, author and pastor of Sterling Park Baptist Church, explains how the resurrection profoundly affected and completely transformed the lives of the first Christians as recorded in Luke 24 and Acts 1-2. The book expounds on the power of the resurrection by the work of the Holy Spirit through the proclamation of the gospel. Just as it did in the first church in the first century, it is able to do so today as well.
The author explains the text of Scripture about the resurrection in a way that is easy to read and understand.
- He is Not Here (Lk 23:54-24:12)
- Was it Not Necessary? (Lk 24:13-35)
- The Peace of Certainty (Lk 24:36-49)
- The Parting (Lk 24:50-53)
- Leaving to Return (Ac 1:1-11)
- A New Witness (Ac 1:12-26)
- Like Tongues of Fire (Ac 2:1-13)
- The Clock is Ticking (Ac 2:14-21)
- Because Death Could Not Hold Him (Ac 2:22-41)
- Devoted (Ac 2:42-47)