8/16/2013

How Would You Assess Good Preaching?

How does one assess how well a preacher or Bible teacher did in preaching and teaching the Bible?

A friend came up with these excellent questions which I thought would give good feedback to the preacher, messenger and/or Bible teacher.

On a scale of 1-10, how well did the message/sermon/preacher/Bible teacher:
  1. Engage your mind and your intellect?
  2. Bring you into the presence of God?
  3. Change your life in any significant way?

Additional questions could include, how well did the preacher:

  • Teach me something I did not know about myself and/or about God?
  • Make me excited about God/Jesus?
  • Make me happy (mysteriously) with sadness/sorrow (because of my sin)?
  • Bore me and put me to sleep?
Any other questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment