8/25/2013

Einstein and Billy Graham

My brother sent me this interesting account. Billy Graham, now 94 years old, once shared a story about Albert Einstein.
As we know Einstein was one of the most brilliant men of recent times. In 2000, he was voted the Man of the Century by Time Magazine. With his unkempt hairdo and German accent, Einstein was instantly recognizable by everyone he met.

One day Einstein was traveling from Princeton by train. The conductor came to collect tickets. When he reached Einstein, Einstein was frantically patting his pockets and going through his papers looking for his ticket. The conductor recognized his famous passenger. Kindly he assured Mr. Einstein that he was sure that he had purchased a ticket and that it was not necessary for him to find it. Einstein however, continued to dig around, searching even more diligently for the absent ticket. The ticket was not in his luggage, pockets, or in his pile of papers.

The conductor again reassured Einstein that everyone on the train knew who he was and that he shouldn't worry. Long after the conductor was gone, Einstein was still looking on his hands and knees for his train ticket. The conductor rushed back and said, "Mr. Einstein. Don't worry. We know who you are." Einstein responded, "Young man, I too know who I am. What I don't know is where I am going."

Billy Graham went on to share that he was wearing a brand new suit. He purchased it to wear for two events: this one, and for his burial when his time came. He said, "Don't just remember me for my new suit. I want you to remember I not only know who I am, I know where I am going!"

May your troubles be less, your blessings more, and may nothing but happiness, come through your door.
His punch line is "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."

Do you know who you are, whose you are, and where you are going?

No comments:

Post a Comment