8/10/2021

Change a Bad Wrong Attitude

I confess that my attitude for most of my life--even after becoming a Christian--which all my 4 children unfortunately experienced was "Go ahead, make my day." It was as if I didn't give an f... [what my children felt about my attitude], which I do regret to some degree.

But over the past decade or so, I am intentionally trying to change that, based on verses such as
  • "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone" (Rom 12:18), and
  • "For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of man" (2 Cor 8:21).
Yet a favorite verse of mine is 1 Cor 4:3-4: "I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." So, even as I fail often, I desire to live with a heart of "fear and trembling" before God (Phil 2:12) and with "humility and tears" (Ac 20:19).

No comments:

Post a Comment