2/18/2020

Confrontation, Conversion and Calling (Isaiah 6)

"…my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty" (Isaiah 6:5).

"Give me a man in love; he knows what I mean. Give me one who yearns; give me one who is hungry; give me one far away in this desert, who is thirsty and sighs for the spring of the eternal country. Give me that sort of man; he knows what I mean. But if I speak to a cold man, he just does not know what I am talking about." Augustine.  

1.     Have you "seen" God? Do you want to? What does it mean to "see" God? To confront a vision of God (1-4)? Do you have a defining "(God) moment" in your life? Did Isaiah see Jesus (Jn 12:41)?

 

 

2.     How is one saved (5-7)? What does it mean to:

a.     be convicted of sin (5a)? Have you felt woe? Doomed by your sins?

 

b.     confess sin (5b; Ps 51:4)?

 

c.      be cleansed of sin (6-7; 2 Cor 5:17, 21)?

 

3.       What does it mean to you--personally and practically-- to be called by God and to serve God (8-13; Eph 4:1; Gal:20)? What does God caution about calloused people (9-10)?

No comments:

Post a Comment